Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 7 Assets
Hi Brian,
In the mean time I was able to port the 3DMazehunt example to Ubuntu, using Qt Creator as the IDE. I'm also reading the bullet SDK manual since it is very interesting. I've found that the video game world is amazing and full of challanges. I like it !
Well that in a sense is the main aim of the book, getting people interested in game development and using their computers for more than just media systems.

I'm very impressed you got it running from Qt Creator, perhaps you could post a small tutorial on how to do that?
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

If you don't care about my English...
Course not Big Grin

Please, any contribution that can help someone else get started is very much appreciated
Brian Beuken
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

(02-18-2019, 09:18 AM)Brian Beuken Wrote: Course not Big Grin

Please, any contribution that can help someone else get started is very much appreciated

Hi Brian, I have written a first (incomplete) version of the tutorial. It is a LibreOffice document or a pdf file.Could you please check if it could be useful?
I think that I should also add the "Graphics" class that is really different from the one you use and probably two other example files  to help starting the first project.

Gabriele

Attached Files
.pdf   Qt_Setup.pdf (Size: 593.96 KB / Downloads: 2)
Love it Gabriele,
there's a couple of minor grammar errors, but really leave it alone. Perfectly ok to use a different graphics class, remember mine is writtern for functional clarity rather than effective code, so more than happy to see alternatives that people can make choices on.

I'll open up a new forum page for development with QTCreator and post your complete version when you are ready.
Brian Beuken

New section has been added, feel free to post when you are happy with the final results
Brian Beuken