Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd like to introduce myself :)
Hi Brian and Everyone,

I'm David Oberlin and it's been a while since I've done any coding. I studied Software Development at Forth Valley College, Falkirk Tech, around the millennium but due to complicated circumstances never found myself a job in what is now STEM.

In the last two decades I've played around with many different engines. From Adventure Game Studio and Arcade Game Studio to just modding other games like Doom, Duke3d and Unreal. I've got some killer Doom levels still kicking around and a few prototypes of other games. However I've never released anything formally, well except Doom levels.

I recently completed a beginners refresher course on c++ targeted for Linux on the Pi [Learn To Program Using C++ On The Raspberry Pi, Phil Gardner.] and I was happy to find out not a lot has changed. Anyway I'm really excited to learn more about the engineering side of game design. So I can hopefully deploy and support some awesome experiences on multiple systems.  At the moment I have a RP3B+ and an Odroid XU4 to play with however in future I'm hoping to get an UP Board for that x86 compatibility.

I'm looking forward to completing this book with you all and wishing everyone the best.

Kind Regards

David

Messages In This Thread
I'd like to introduce myself :) - by DieSkaarj - 06-07-2018, 05:09 PM