Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd like to introduce myself :)
Thanks Brian!

I'm really enjoying working through the book so far. Even typing in the code manually. That's probably nostalgia working its magic though; I learned BASIC when I was a kid that way but the only games I ever made were adapting Choose Your Own Adventure titles with a lot of GOTO instructions.  Rolleyes

Details on setting up the X11 system on the XU4 for development would be a fantastic extension to its use in my home. It's just an emulator at the moment but it'd be nice to use some of its capabilities for more nefarious purposes like executing game code.

In regards to problems with the code most of mine have been of my own doing. I have a love/absolutely-despise relationship with m$, even more so with Win 10 that I've moved my development machine onto Linux (Debian 9.)  It's much less distracting. I've got the raspberypi toolchain up, running and cross compiling through Eclipse, and so if anyone needs a hand setting their own Linux environment up I can tell them how I did it.

Have you had any experience running Win98/XP games on the UP board? I'm hoping to create a portable GOG library when I get one Smile

Messages In This Thread
I'd like to introduce myself :) - by DieSkaarj - 06-07-2018, 05:09 PM
RE: I'd like to introduce myself :) - by DieSkaarj - 06-12-2018, 01:47 PM