Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 4 is different, book code won't work!
Essentially you need to use the traditional X11 systems to work. But that has a few issues I'm trying (and failing) to overcome
With X11 you seem to be limited to the resolution of your screen, or a window...With Broadcom we could set the display res to screen size but the display buffer to any size. The screen would scale accordingly.
This had the advanatge of giving you 1080p res on screen but 720p update for 2x the speed and not a massive amount of visual difference.

Since X11 does not allow that (as far as I can tell), I've been looking at other methods, but so far without success.

Thats stopped me doing any updates just yet, as I want both Pi3 and Pi4 systems to work the same way at the same update rate. I'm still trying to come up with a solution, but other things are getting in the way, but I will return to it soon.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raspberry Pi 4 is different, book code won't work! - by Brian Beuken - 09-08-2019, 05:48 PM