Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable OpenGL, for failed to add service error
Just finished installing Bullseye and updating etc and running my test projects on it.. all good, nothing throwing up errors, or any significant issues with it so far, which is great Big Grin But the base triangle project does still need to be redone as the old jessie code P3b just wont work on a 4 now even with new libs.

Bullseye seems a little slow and raggedy to me, but it does however support mesa 20.3.5 which was exciting to see, as I know there are several updates to OpenGLES3.x and I was kinda hoping to see either the android extention pack or full 3.2 but sadly not, its still 3.1 however... when I ran the list of extensions I saw this
GL_EXT_geometry_shader GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_OES_geometry_point_size GL_OES_geometry_shader

Geometry shaders Big Grin no idea of they are crippled software versions or fast GPU versions but I'll take some time soon using my particle system to see how well they work.

Sadly AA is still a perfomance killer so no change there.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disable OpenGL, for failed to add service error - by Brian Beuken - 11-09-2021, 05:26 PM