Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
Hey Brian,

Is this the right place to post a howdy? 

My name is Jon Morss and I've been a big fan of Game Development for some time. I originally studied Computer Science to get into to Game Dev, but my career path took me down other roads.   Back in the day I went though "Spells of Fury"  by Michael J. Norton and "Tricks of the Game Programming Guru" by Andre Lamothe  ( he currently has a PCB class on Udemy) but I kept getting diverted away from the game path.   I even bought and worked with the Hydra Game Development Kit that Andre created with the Parallax Propeller which as an interesting Retro 8-bit game platform. However, coding in Spin was just not my bag.   Although an old fart in tech years, I still have an interest of doing something with Game Dev. I'm not sure if it is still viable to pursue a job in games these days, but I would be content just working on my own thing just to see where it goes. Heck, even an Indie game for the PS Vita would be cool since I am one of the few owners of that device.  

I do a bit of Voice Acting on the side and have lent my voice to some games in the past, so it certainly would be awesome to voice in me own game for a change. 

I'm also interested in Embedded Systems and Robotics and am a frequent participant in the element14 Road Tests and Project14 challenges.  I have worked on a bare metal Space Invader game using a TI TM4C123 ARM M4 board for an Embedded development MOOC which was cool. 

I'm looking forward to working though the The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's book and absorbing what I can from the forums.

Thanks a ton for creating the awesome book and for putting all the time you have into this site. It's something I have been looking for for some time.

Cheers,

Jon

Messages In This Thread
hello - by Brian Beuken - 01-19-2018, 01:12 PM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 02-20-2018, 11:36 AM
RE: hello - by jomoengineer - 10-13-2018, 05:55 AM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 10-13-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: hello - by tolpan - 08-01-2019, 06:10 AM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 08-01-2019, 10:49 AM
RE: hello - by RobertG - 04-07-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 04-07-2020, 11:26 PM