Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
Hi Jon

Thanks for the nice message. I always enjoyed Andre's books, I think I worked through all his original books before he switched to editing. Back before the internet his books were the best way I knew to work out a lot of stuff I didn't know then Big Grin

It is still viable to work in games, I am still involved in commercial games, and I teach at Breda University of applied science where our Games Development program is producing new generations of coders, artists, designers and producers. Many of our grads end up working on some massive AAA titles, so its still very much an industry to thrive in.

The book is not without flaws, I had to rush the ending of it, I could easily have made it 200 pages bigger, and the typesetters (and me) have put in a lot of small errors, but I hope it still gives you a taste for writing games and gives you access to some of the basic ideas we use over and over again.
Maybe a 2nd edition will fix the flaws...if it keeps selling, who knows Big Grin

This site will continue to grow with additional content and some new lessons and game concepts that can be taken to any platform.

I like the SBC's because they are basically mini consoles, so once you can make something like a Raspberry produce a game, you can do the same on a Switch, Vita, PS4 etc...they are just SBC's on massive doses of steroids.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
hello - by Brian Beuken - 01-19-2018, 01:12 PM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 02-20-2018, 11:36 AM
RE: hello - by jomoengineer - 10-13-2018, 05:55 AM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 10-13-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: hello - by tolpan - 08-01-2019, 06:10 AM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 08-01-2019, 10:49 AM
RE: hello - by RobertG - 04-07-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: hello - by Brian Beuken - 04-07-2020, 11:26 PM