Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Chapter 05] KamaKazi Base code
Code is always written in the cpp file Jon, the h file only has the defintions for a class. You're doing well so far.

You are creating an overloaded class constructor with Shooter(char*, Myfiles), which is great, but your compiler might not be giving you the default
Shooter::Shooter(){}; so you need to write that also, just as an empty class since youre not going to use it. I've found that some compilers do that for you, and some don't, it depends on a setting I'm not sure about. I tend to just write default classes anyway.

Um yeah I am kinda expecting you to have worked it out, cos we did it in Invaders, I will have a re-read of the invaders code/text to see if the specific mention is still there. If its not clear enough I'll update the Kamikazi base to make it clearer.

(btw, even though I am "pretty" sure its all in the book, I really do appreciate you keeping me informed of your sticking points, it shows me what needs to be made clearer and I will do my best to add content the source to push you through it all)
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
[Chapter 05] KamaKazi Base code - by jomoengineer - 11-13-2018, 07:57 AM
RE: [Chapter 05] KamaKazi Base code - by Brian Beuken - 11-19-2018, 09:08 AM