Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Model A+
Just to prove a point I pulled out a Raspberry A+ from the drawer, set it for 96K gpu and did an update/upgrade cycle on it.

And thats all I had to do, like all Raspberries it's rock solid, no need to change anything in a standard Raspbian set up.

Of course at 700Mhz it runs a lot  slower than a 1200Mhz Model B, but I'm not using multi core's on the 3 so any difference in speed is mainly due to clock speed. I could ramp it up to 1Ghz, and that would indeed help, since a 1st time compile takes a very long time, but sticking with the don't change anything that works, mantra I've tried to use, I let it build on target with 1 core... and..waited and waited, it took close to 30 mins to compile Sad

The maze demo can't run very fast at all though, only 15fps on a 1024/768 screen... 

So yeah, slow as treacle, but it does work, reducing the frame buffer resolution might make it a bit more manageable, but its never going to be very fast.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's