Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first code won't run
I hope it's okay to dig this thread out, as I'm encountering follow-up issues after adding pthread to the library names in the Visual GDB settings (maybe that's the problem?). Here's the output from VS:

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: Project1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>VisualGDB: Sending 6 updated source files to build machine...
1>VisualGDB: Run "make  CONFIG=Debug" in directory "/tmp/VisualGDB/c/Dev/GameProgrammingPi/Project1" on pi@192.168.0.104 (SSH)
1>mkdir Debug
1>g++ -ggdb -ffunction-sections -O0  -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads/ -Iopt/vc/include/interface/ -Iopt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -DDEBUG=1  -c main.cpp -o Debug/main.o -MD -MF Debug/main.dep
1>g++ -o Debug/Project1 -Wl,-gc-sections   -L/opt/vc/lib/ -Wl,--start-group Debug/main.o -lGLESv2_static -lEGL_static -lvchiq_arm -lvcos -lkhrn_static -lpthread  -Wl,--rpath='$ORIGIN'   -Wl,--end-group
1>Debug/main.o: In function `init_ogl(Target_State*, int, int)':
1>C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\Project1\main.cpp(216): error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_display_open'
1>C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\Project1\main.cpp(217): error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_update_start'
1>C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\Project1\main.cpp(234): error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_element_add'
1>C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\Project1\main.cpp(239): error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_update_submit_sync'
1>Debug/main.o: In function `main':
1>C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\Project1\main.cpp(325): error : undefined reference to `bcm_host_init'
1>/opt/vc/lib//libEGL_static.a(khrn_client_platform_linux.c.o): In function `platform_get_dimensions':
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_display_open'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_display_get_info'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_update_start'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_display_open'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_display_get_info'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_update_start'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_element_add'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_update_submit_sync'
1>/opt/vc/lib//libEGL_static.a(khrn_client_platform_linux.c.o): In function `platform_get_handle':
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_element_add'
1>khrn_client_platform_linux.c : error : undefined reference to `vc_dispmanx_update_submit_sync'
1>collect2 : error : ld returned 1 exit status
1>Makefile:138: recipe for target 'Debug/Project1' failed
1>make: *** [Debug/Project1] Error 1
1>-------------------------------------------------------------
1>Command exited with code 2
1>Executable: make
1>Arguments:  CONFIG=Debug
1>Directory: /tmp/VisualGDB/c/Dev/GameProgrammingPi/Project1
1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe" /build "C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\Project1\Project1.vcxproj" "/solution:C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\GameProgrammingPi.sln"  "/config:Debug" "/platform:Win32"" exited with code 1.
1>Done building project "Project1.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So there are errors regarding everything that starts with "vc_dispmanx_..." and then there's "C:\Dev\GameProgrammingPi\Project1\main.cpp(325): error : undefined reference to `bcm_host_init'" ... I'm completely clueless with Linux, so I could use a hint about what goes wrong here.

Using Visual Studio 2017. The "Hello World" text program already worked.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT:
Okay, I solved it, I thought that all I had to enter in the library names were those:
  • GLESv2_static 
  • EGL_static 
  • vchiq_arm 
  • vcos 
  • khrn_static 
  • pthread
But that's not all of it, because I forgot to add bcm_host, so the whole thing now looks like this: 

[Image: rT9m0KG.png]

And after that, I finally saw the triangle in all its glory! Smile
Great to hear you fixed it.

Well done
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's