Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arise dead book?
Well this is rather surprising.

Out of the blue this week my publisher contacted me on Linkedin, as the email address they had on line for me was no longer valid.. This is true, I used freeserve.co.uk for many years but they closed down a few years ago, and though I thought I had updated everyone, it seems they still had the freeserve address.

It turns out the book has done quite well, (yeahh), and its recently been released on Humble bundle... which means some new people are going to buy it in pdf format (I wasn't even aware there was a pdf version). 
Which is a weee bit worrying as its now quite out of date with 2 generations of hardware and 3 generations of OS updates having come along to make that content a bit of a challenge to run.

The book was written for the Pi3 and thats now very redundant.. I did some updates for the Pi4 but even those have become a bit redundant.

But I will try over the next few weeks to update everything and also clean up the website a bit, so if you just bought a copy of the book, thank you, sorry its a bit old, but the ideas are still all valid, and I'll try to update the code for you. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's