Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
error running first example (chapter 3 triangle)
Hi Michal

Well done on getting it to work, I wish I knew why you were having this issue, as I've never see this before, I've had over 50 students happily installing new Raspbian Stretch on university Pi's then running my demo's with no issues, its its quite confusing that you had such a frustrating error and others here have also not reported anything like this.

I honestly don't know if you will have any other problems, since you should not have had that problem in the 1st place. But if it is working you should be ok...

As i type this, a question comes to mind, do you have the Raspberry Pi's experimental OpenGL activated? If so then that may be an issue. All the demo's are based on OpenGLES2.0!

You can make sure by going to a terminal, entering sudo rasp-config, and selecting option: Advanced options and then option 3 for Legacy, or Disable GL Drivers, which will disable the OpenGL drivers and methods that are not compatible with OpenGLES2.0.

I just set my OpenGL to on, ran hello triangle, and sure enough I get a failed to add service error, so this is a very strong possibility for your problem. Switching it off again the project worked fine

If you've never set the OpenGL on, then ignore this, its something else, but I really don't know what at the moment, but I'll try to find out
Let me know how you are getting on
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
RE: error running first example (chapter 3 triangle) - by Brian Beuken - 04-15-2018, 11:19 AM